Cooking Time: 25 minutes approx.
30mlsp (3tbsp) Oil for frying
400g (14oz) Spiced pork sausage meat or use ready made sweet chilli or black pepper pork sausages
1 Red onion, peeled and chopped
1 Garlic clove, chopped
1/2 Red chilli, seeds removed and chopped
15mlsp (1tbsp) Thai curry paste
200ml (7floz) Coconut milk, (reduced fat coconut milk can be used as an option)
Pinch of fresh coriander, chopped
4 Sheets Filo pastry
1 Egg, beaten
5mlsp (1tsp) Nigella seeds
- Heat a little of the oil in a non-stick pan. Break the sausage meat into small pieces and cook in the hot oil. After the meat has coloured add the chopped onion, garlic and chilli and cook for a few more minutes until the onions have softened.
- Add the Thai curry paste and the coconut milk and bring to the boil, simmer for approximately 10 minutes until the coconut milk has reduced to almost nothing. Add the chopped coriander, check the seasoning and allow to cool.
Wrapping filo pastry into triangles
- Open the filo pastry and cut the sheets in half lengthways with the pastry running lengthways away from your body.
- Place 1/8th of the mixture across the corner of the pastry closest to you; then fold the corner over to seal the filling into a triangular shape. Keep folding the length of the pastry strip to form a medium sized triangular snack.
- Before the final fold brush the remaining pastry with the beaten egg. Make the final turn ensuring that the pastry is well sealed. Brush the pastry once more with the beaten egg and sprinkle with the Nigella seeds.
- Repeat this to use the remaining Thai filling and filo pastry. Heat the remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry the filo parcels in the oil until golden brown all over, turning when necessary.
Serve with pickled cucumber, spring onions and a little fresh coriander leaf.