Serves 4 | Cooking Time: 2 hours
- 5mlsp (1tsp) Oil
- 6 Pork and herb sausages
- 450g (1lb) Pork shoulder, cubed
- 4 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 300ml (1/2 pt) Pork stock
- 410g Can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 410g Can flageolet beans, drained and rinsed
- 3x15mlsp (3tbsp) Tomato purée
- 1 Yellow pepper, diced
- Preheat the oven to 170 ̊C, Gas Mark 3.
- In a large casserole dish, heat the oil and brown the pork sausages and cubed pork for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, stock, beans, tomato purée and pepper, stirring thoroughly.
- Cover the casserole dish and cook in the oven for 1 1/2 -2 hours or until the meat is tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving.
Serve with mash potato and steamed green vegetables or crusty bread.
LADIES IN PIGS COOK BOOK
Our latest cookbook includes over 190 of our most favourite recipes for creating delicious and nutritious pork, bacon, ham and sausage based meals. We are a busy group of Ladies communicating the values of British Pork as well as showing how pork can be included as part of a balanced diet. We are hoping that this new farmhouse cookbook will be invaluable in every household. Whether its breakfas…