Serves 4-6: Something a little bit different!
4lb (1.6kg) potatoes, sliced thinly
2-3tbsp (30-45ml) olive oil
2 large onions, finely chopped
16oz (500g) smoked streaky bacon, chopped
16oz (500g) chestnut mushrooms, sliced
16oz (500g) black pudding, skin removed, chopped into small pieces
10oz (300g) grated cheddar14fl oz (400ml) full
fat crème fraiche
4tbsp (60ml) chopped parsley to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 400◦F, 200◦C, gas mark 6.
2. Peel and thinly slice the potatoes.
3. Spread on a buttered, ovenproof dish and cover with 1/3 of the crème fraiche.
4. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan, add onion and cook on high for 3 minutes.
5. Add the bacon and black pudding to the onions and reduce the heat and cook for 15 minutes.
6. Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 3 minutes.
7. Scatter the contents of the pan over the potatoes and sprinkle with grated cheese.
8. Pour rest of the crème fraiche over the mixture and season with pepper and paprika.
9. Cook in the oven for approx. 15 minutes and then garnish with parsley.
Can be served with vegetables of your choice.
LADIES IN PIGS COOK BOOK
Our latest cookbook includes over 190 of our most favourite recipes for creating delicious and nutritious pork, bacon, ham and sausage based meals. We are a busy group of Ladies communicating the values of British Pork as well as showing how pork can be included as part of a balanced diet. We are hoping that this new farmhouse cookbook will be invaluable in every household. Whether its breakfas…