- In a casserole dish add the oil and fry off the carrots, celery, onion, and bacon for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, herbs and tomato purée and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and most of the stock, stir and bring to the boil.
- Cover and reduce the heat to a very low setting and simmer for 45-50 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the beans and pasta and add the remaining stock if the soup seems too thick.
- Scatter the kale over the top and cover. Cook for 15-20 minutes until the pasta is tender.
- Season to taste and serve.
Per 100g. Energy 593kJ/142cal, Fat 9g, Of which saturates 2.6g, Carbohydrates 9.3g, Of which sugars 1.0g, Protein 5.9g, Salt 1.2g
Per portion. Energy 1262kJ/303cal, Fat 19.2g, Of which saturates 5.6g, Carbohydrates 19.9g, Of which sugars 2.2g, Protein 12.6g, Salt 2.6g