5mlsp (1tsp) Oil
6 Pork and herb sausages
450g (1lb) Pork shoulder, cubed
4 Garlic cloves, crushed
300ml (1/2 pt) Pork stock
410g Can butter beans, drained and rinsed
410g Can flageolet beans, drained and rinsed
3x15mlsp (3tbsp) Tomato purée
1 Yellow pepper, diced
Cooking Time: Approx 2 hours
- Preheat the oven to 170 ̊C, Gas Mark 3.
- In a large casserole dish, heat the oil and brown the pork sausages and cubed pork for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, stock, beans, tomato purée and pepper, stirring thoroughly.
- Cover the casserole dish and cook in the oven for 1 1/2 -2 hours or until the meat is tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving.
Serve with mash potato and steamed green vegetables or crusty bread.