500g (1lb 13/4 oz) Pork fillet, cut into cubes or strips
4x15mlsp (4tbsp) Hoisin sauce
450g (1lb) Cooked rice
1x350g Can mandarin oranges, drained and juice reserved
2 Celery sticks, diced
6 Spring onions, chopped
110g (4oz) Raisins
3x15mlsp (3tbsp) Plain yogurt
15mlsp (1tbsp) Low-fat mayonnaise
15mlsp (1tbsp) Curry powder
Marinate Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 5-10 minutes
- Marinate the pork fillet in the Hoisin sauce for 1/2 an hour, or longer if possible.
- Using a wok or deep frying pan, stir-fry the pork fillet with the marinade plus a little of the reserved orange juice.
- Once the fillet is cooked, toss together in a large serving bowl the pork, rice, orange segments, celery, onions and raisins.
- Blend the remaining orange juice, yogurt, mayonnaise and curry powder together to make a dressing. Pour the dressing over the salad and carefully turn to coat the ingredients.
- Serve the salad with toasted pitta bread wedges.